The Northwest Animal Rights Network is seeking applications for two critical board member positions: Communication/Social Media Coordinator and Fundraising Coordinator. Past board experience is not required! We are also seeking general applications for at-large board members, apply here.
Communications/Social Media Coordinator
We need someone who can help be the outward ‘face’ of NARN on our socials! We currently have Facebook, Instagram, and Discord. Help bring NARN to audiences across other social platforms, as well as cultivate the ones we are already engaged with.
Board experience is NOT required. This position is perfect for those who are looking to develop their leadership skills on an involved and passionate board! You will be responsible for the following:
- NARN social media content across platforms (posts, stories, videos)
- Maintaining the NARN events calendar and Community Justice calendar
- Monitoring communications/notifications across platforms
- Content creation using Canva
- Attending NARN events and posting live to socials (content can be provided to you if you do not live near NARN events).
- Marketing and promotion across platforms
If you are interested in joining the board as the Social Media/Communications Coordinator, please submit an application here.
We are growing at a rapid rate. Just this past year, we’ve officially launched four new campaigns, partnered with new community organizations on critical initiatives, and continue our work on our ongoing commitments. We’ve also hired a Director of Advocacy and Mission Advancement. Our work is fulfilling and amazing; but it all requires funding.
Past fundraising and/or donor cultivation is required. You will be responsible for the following:
- Recruiting and coordinating fundraising volunteers
- Chairing the Fundraising Committee
- Assess the need for paid fundraising consulting and help facilitate setting it up if justified
- Assess and coordinate Corporate Giving Programs, as needed
- write and/or recruit experienced grant writing volunteers
- brainstorming and developing engaging fundraising events for NARN!
- Coordinate key giving days, such as GiveBig and Giving Tuesday, as well as in-person fundraising events
If you are interested in joining the board as the Fundraising Coordinator, please submit an application here.
We are required to have a Board Secretary and need to fill this pivotal role ASAP!
Duties of the Secretary include the following:
- Attend Board meeting & take minutes
- Mail welcome letter and member sticker to new NARN members
- Check NARN inbox and respond accordingly
If you are interested in joining the board as the Secretary, please submit an application here.
Please reach out to info [at] narn [dot] org if you have questions regarding one of these important roles! Help keep us moving forward.
Board member positions are filled by dedicated volunteers. No pay is provided to NARN board members. Help make lasting change for animals who are not human, humans, and the planet!