Let’s hear it for the easiest sheet pan hash of all time!
Equally fabulous for breakfast, #sassydesklunch, or dinner, a good hash will forever top my list of satisfying anytime meals. Plus, it’s easy to make on a sheet pan, and you know I wholeheartedly support meals with minimal cleanup.
The only somewhat annoying thing about hash is the potato and veggie prep, which is why I am thrilled to report that a bag of Trader Joe’s frozen Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions works as an awesome no-prep hash base. Just empty the bag onto a sheet pan (no need to thaw!), add sliced chicken sausage, and pop it into a 450 degree for 25 to 30 minutes.
While you wait for the potatoes to crisp up and the sausage rounds to get beautifully browned, you’ll have plenty of time to fry up a few eggs and chop some fresh herbs. Once the hash is done, top it with your runny egg(s), smother it with a flavor-packed salsa (I love TJ’s Hatch Valley Salsa here), crumbled feta (cheddar, Moneterey Jack, cotija, queso fresco, or goat cheese would also be delightful), and cilantro, and have yourself an epic fuss-free feast.
(This hash tastes particularly awesome given that you will have almost no cleanup waiting for you post-meal. Cleanup anxiety can seriously affect a meal’s deliciousness. Sad but true.)
If you’re cooking for one or two and have hash leftovers…
I like to use leftover hash as a filling for breakfast tacos or quesadillas! Just rewarm the hash in a skillet with a little oil, then add it to tortillas and top with scrambled eggs, cheese and scallions. You can also toss leftovers with arugula and a little olive oil and balsamic for a hearty salad. Or mix them with any leftover grains/other roasted vegetables/herbs hanging out in your fridge and drizzle with olive oil and lemon for an easy grain bowl! Creativity is the spice of leftover life.
Now get thee to Trader Joe’s! While you’re there, you might also want to pick up ingredients for Stir-Fried Turkey and Rice Bowls, Grilled Vegetable Flatbread, or One-Dish Cheesy Baked Rigatoni and Meatballs!
Trader Joe’s Sheet Pan Hash with Chicken Sausage
This easy and delicious anytime meal comes together in 30 minutes with just a handful of Trader Joe's finest ingredients!
Course Breakfast, Main Course, Spring, Dinner, Winter, Fall, Summer, Vegetarian, Lunch
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes minutes
Author Serena Wolf
- 1 bag Trader Joe's frozen Roasted Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
- 1 package Trader Joe's Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced into thin rounds
- Olive oil or butter for cooking eggs
- Eggs (as many as you'd like!)
- Trader Joe's Hatch Valley Salsa to taste
- 2 ounces Trader Joe's Authentic Greek Feta in Brine, crumbled
- Fresh cilantro leaves for serving (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the roasted potatoes with peppers and onions and the sliced chicken sausage to a large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer. (If your baking sheet is on the smaller side, divide the mixture between two baking sheets so that you don’t have any ingredients on top of each other—we want to crisp things here, not steam!)
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring once at the 15 minute mark, until the potatoes are crispy and the sausage is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, fry your egg(s)! Heat a little bit of olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering, crack as many eggs as you’d like into the pan (leaving a little space between each one) and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. (If your whites are having trouble setting, pop a lid on the pan for a minute or so.)
- Divide the hash amongst bowls/plates. Top with egg(s),salsa, feta, and cilantro (if using). Serve warm.
The post Trader Joe’s Sheet Pan Hash with Chicken Sausage appeared first on Domesticate ME.