Bolstered by the shared enthusiasm for Trader Joe’s recipes, I’m coming in hot with another super easy and satisfying one-pan meal using TJ’s finest ingredients…
Please give a warm welcome to these Trader Joe’s Stir-Fried Turkey and Rice Bowls!!
If you haven’t tried the TJ’s General Tsao Stir Fry sauce, you are in for a sweet and tangy, umami-laced treat. It transforms this simple (and nutritious!) medley of stir-fried brown rice, ground turkey, and shredded cabbage and carrots into a flavor-packed, crave-worthy meal worthy of a spot in the regular rotation. And it comes together in 20 minutes flat!
As always, don’t be afraid to make this meal your own! Any ground meat will work here, and feel free to substitute sliced mushrooms (shiitakes would be fun, or try portobellos for a more meaty flavor/texture) or tempeh/tofu to keep things vegetarian. Quinoa would be delicious instead of brown rice, and those doing a grain-free thing can get some cauliflower rice involved. Feeling wild? Put an egg on it! (Fried or jammy would be epic.) You know I love it when you do you.
For those who don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby (my deepest apologies), this recipe is easily recreated with leftover rice, any coleslaw mix, and your favorite stir fry sauce!
Trader Joe’s Stir-Fried Turkey and Rice Bowls
Using just a handful of Trader Joe's ingredients, these nutritious, flavor-packed bowls come together in about 20 minutes in a single pan!
Course Dinner, Lunch
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes minutes
Author Serena Wolf
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or light sesame oil
- 1 pound Trader Joe's Organic Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Organic Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots
- 2/3 cup Trader Joe's General Tsao Stir-Fry Sauce
- Juice of half a lime
For serving: (optional)
- Thinly sliced scallions or chopped cilantro
- Chopped roasted cashews or peanuts
- Sriracha sauce
- Thaw the brown rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the turkey and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring and breaking the meat up into smaller pieces with a spatula, until lightly browned.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and cook for about 3minutes until they soften slightly. (Don’t overdo it—you don’t want mushy vegetables!)
- Add the thawed rice and stir fry sauce to the pan and fold everything together.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Spoon the delicious mixture into bowls and top with scallions, nuts, and sriracha (if using).
NotesFor those who don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby (my deepest apologies), this recipe is easily recreated with leftover rice, any coleslaw mix, and your favorite stir fry sauce!
The post Trader Joe’s Stir-Fried Turkey and Rice Bowls appeared first on Domesticate ME.